What Is Energy Efficiency?
And What Is The Importance?
During the year, your cooling, heating & ventilation systems accumulate dust and dirt making it less efficient and costing you additional money in utility bills. Every year, due to extreme temperatures, many of our customers call and have their cooling & heating systems checked and tuned up. After reviewing 327 calls from last year, we discovered that 73% of them were due to not having a regular tune-up or any preventative maintenance throughout the year.
It's very important to have high energy efficiency in your home. If not, your systems will work harder and you will pay more money to maintain comfortable temperatures. Milestone offers an Energy Efficiency Evaluation that will let you know all of the in's and out's of your system. Our expert technicians will give you options and solutions on how to improve your home's energy efficiency, which will save you money throughout the year!
What Is Included In An Energy Efficiency Evaluation:
1. Inspect insulation levels
2. Test airflow for deadly carbon monoxide
3. Test ignition system for safe and proper operation
4. Test safety and control circuits for proper operation
5. Test exhaust system for proper venting
6. Check evaporator coil
7. Measure temperature difference - supply and return are within operating specs.
8. Inspect and adjust fan belt tension (if applicable)
9. Calibrate and level thermostat (if applicable)
10. Inspect for combustible material around furnace
11. Brush, clean, and blow-out burners (where applicable)
12. Brush, clean, and blow-out heat exchanger (where applicable)
13. Test furnace flame for proper burn mechanism
14. Inspect ductwork for leaks, branches, and proper distribution
15. Inspect gas pressure for peak efficiency
16. Lubricate all moving parts per manufacturer (where applicable)
17. Measure amperage and voltage of blower mower
18. Tighten and inspect all electrical wiring
19. Clean upper and lower combustion vents (if applicable)
20. Test for natural gas leaks
21. Clean flame sensors
22. Replace filter (customer provider or purchased)
To schedule your Energy Efficiency Evaluation, call Milestone today at 214-267-2405 or 817-267-2405!